Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma announces name change of its European subsidiary to Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe
Osaka, Japan, April 2, 2013 - Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co., Ltd. (DSP) (Headquarters: Osaka, Japan; President: Masayo Tada) announces that as of April 2, 2013, its European subsidiary, Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Europe Ltd. has changed its name to Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe Ltd.
Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe Ltd. has the central role in the DSP Group for the development of pharmaceuticals in Europe. It also advances the preparation of sales of DSP Group's global strategic product, the atypical antipsychotic lurasidone hydrochloride (generic name), in the UK. As Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe Ltd sets up sales functions in the UK, it has decided to change the name to a new one with DSP's international brand "Sunovion".
Currently, for lurasidone hydrochloride, DSP's partner in Europe, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited has submitted a Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) for schizophrenia that was filed by the European Medicines Agency.
Outline of Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe Ltd.
- (1) Company Name: Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe Ltd.
- (2) Representative: Dr Michael Taylor, Managing Director
- (3) Address: First Floor, Southside, 97-105 Victoria Street, London SW1E 6QT, U.K.
- (4) Established: May 1997
- (5) Capital: 150,000 pounds
- (6) Major shareholder: DSP 100%