Mar. 27, 2018Corporate
Establishment of Shared Service Subsidiary
Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Osaka, Japan; Representative Director, President and CEO: Masayo Tada) announced today that it has decided to establish a shared service subsidiary, which will perform indirect operations on behalf of Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma and its Group companies in Japan.
The New Subsidiary will begin operations on July 1, 2018.
[Aims of establishing the New Subsidiary]
With the establishment of the New Subsidiary, the operations (including general office work relating to human resources, accounting, general affairs, and procurement; support for sales and R&D activities; and maintenance of equipment and buildings) that have been previously handled as the functions of the headquarter by Corporate Service Center, will be transferred to the New Subsidiary with a view to further enhancing the operational efficiency and operational quality. As a group of professionals, the New Subsidiary will assist Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma and its Group companies in Japan in maximizing their corporate value by formulating plans and making suggestions that will allow them to continuously innovate their operations.
[Overview of the New Subsidiary]
(1) Name: DSP Business Partners Co., Ltd.
(2) Head Office: 6-8, Doshomachi 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka
(Within headquarter in Osaka of Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma)
(3) Representative Director: Hajime Kinuta
(4) Business description: Entrusted the operations including general office work relating to human resources, accounting, general affairs, and procurement; support for sales and R&D activities; and maintenance of equipment and buildings
(5) Employees: Approx. 190
(6) Capital: 10 million yen
(7) Date of foundation: April 2018 (planned)
(8) Ownership structure: Wholly-owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
(9) Fiscal year-end: March 31