Jun. 19, 2014Corporate
Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma announces Change of the Company’s English trade name
Osaka, Japan, June 19, 2014 - Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Osaka, Japan; President: Masayo Tada; Securities Code: 4506, First Section of TSE) announced today that it has changed the Company’s English trade name following the approval of the partial amendment to its articles of incorporation at the 194th Annual Shareholders’ Meeting.
The Company’s Japanese trade name remains unchanged.
- 1. New English trade name
- Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd.
- (Former English trade name: Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co., Ltd.)
New English brand mark
- 2. Reasons for the change
- The Company has changed its English trade name in order to prepare for further global development of its business.
We are hoping that this change in the English trade name will enable us to better capitalize on the internationally recognized "Sumitomo" brand name in the development of our global operations.