- October 1, Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma created.
- AmBisome® (therapeutic agent for systemic fungal infection) launched.
- REPLAGAL® (therapeutic agent for Anderson-Fabry disease) launched.
- The laboratory products business was transferred to DS Pharma Biomedical Co., Ltd.
- The mid-term business plan (for the period from fiscal 2007 to fiscal 2009) started.
- LONASEN® (atypical antipsychotic) launched.
- AVAPRO® (therapeutic agent for hypertension) launched.
- TRERIEF® (Parkinson's disease drug) launched.
- A holding company(Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma America Holdings, Inc.) established in the United States.
- Acquired Sepracor Inc. (Current Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.), Sepracor (Current Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.) became a wholly owned subsidiary of the U.S. holdings company.
Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MIRIPLA® (therapeutic agent for hepatocellular carcinoma) launched.
- The second mid-term business plan (for the period from fisical 2010 to fisical 2012) started.
- Sepracor Inc. (Current Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.) and Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma America, Inc. merged.
- METGLUCO® (biguanide oral hypoglycemic) launched.
- Growth hormone business transferred.
- The Animal Health Products business split off and DS Pharma Animal Health Co., Ltd. established.
- The Food & Speciality Products business integrated into its subsidiary Gokyo Trading Co., Ltd. and corporate name changed to DSP Gokyo Food & Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Sepracor Inc. changed its company name to Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- LATUDA® (atypical antipsychotic) launched in the United States by Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- SUREPOST® (rapid-acting insulin secretagogue) launched.
- Acquired Boston Biomedical, Inc.
Boston Biomedical, Inc.
- ZETONNA® (therapeutic agent for allergic rhinitis) launched in the U.S. by Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. Acquired Elevation Pharmaceuticals, Inc.(Current SRD)
- AIMIX® (therapeutic agent for hypertension) launched.
- A Subsidiary (Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.) established in Singapore.
- The third mid-term business plan (for the period from fisical 2013 to fisical 2017) started.
- Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Europe Ltd. changed its company name to Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe Ltd.
- Joint venture company(Create Vassine Company,Ltd.) established.
- An anti-cancer drugs sales subsidiary company(Boston Biomedical Pharma,Inc.) established in the U.S.
- Joint venture company (Sighregen K.K.) established.
- Kobe Regenerative & Cellular Medicine Center opened.
Kobe Regenerative & Cellular Medicine Center
- APTIOM® (antiepileptic) launched in the United States by Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- LATUDA® (atypical antipsychotic) launched in the U.K.by Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe Ltd.
- Announced reorganization of product sites (Integration of productive functions of Ibaraki Plant and Suzuka Plant, Closure of Ehime Plant)
- Started promotion for the indication "pruritus in chronic liver disease patients " of REMITCH®
- Trulicity® (GLP-1 receptor agonist) launched.
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. acquired Cynapsus Therapeutics Inc., a Canadian company (current Sunovion CNS Development Canada ULC)
- A Subsidiary for Promotion of Authorized Generics and others (DS Pharma Promo Co., Ltd.) established.
- Acquired Tolero Pharmaceuticals, Inc.